Monday, May 02, 2011

Randomness from Spring Break

Today - I'm still suffering from jetlag. So is Kendra - she woke up at 5:20 am - she is not a morning person. So is Rachel - she went to sleep at 11:30 pm - she is not a night person. I was up until 12:30pm and woke up at 5:30am. I just need some sleep.

Today I have little picture stories.

We got to see Bart's new office in San Francisco. An empty bookcase, bare desk, no artwork - he's waiting for our stuff to be shipped, bare whiteboard - which didn't stay white for long. He had a few comments re: the artwork they left. Very sweet and it sure brightened things up! We did a little retail therapy by Union Square - though not at Saks, Macy's and the Sale was their destination of choice. What did I bring home? A new pair of tennis shoes. Aaaaannnnnd - 2 magazines and 2 books. Yep. That's what I got. Oh - and a house. I bought a house.

My little monkeys sittin' with the monkeys:

Aaahhhh - now I feel like I'm back home in CA. I rode in a friend's lowrider truck from Santa Barbara back to Riverside - there needed to be more cushion between me and the freeway asphalt running inches below my feet.


Hey - here's the house. Part of it. And the nice green hill that is our view - complete with wild turkeys. This lovely hill will be "golden" when we return. Yeah, thar's gold in them thar hills - the dead, dry grasses of a California summer. Those I do not miss.

Here are the girls having "fun" while we buy the house. Don't they look thrilled?

The fog rolled away and this was the view from Bart's apartment:


One of the very nice Wells Fargo Bank lobbies in the City. One of the old Crocker (railroads & banking) buildings. The heart is the City's arts theme - "I left my heart in San Francisco." Why go into the bank? Well, when one doesn't use their ATM card for, say 4 years, one's PIN seems to not work. Even though it is still written in the safe place that shall stay undisclosed and separate from my card. So I have a new PIN. So we could buy lunch. And go to the movies - Soul Surfer. I cried just a little bit........

By Fort Mason in front of Ghiradelli Square. They can't stay away from the water:

"What kind of crab is that, Mom?"

"The kind that tastes good!"

On our walk back from Pier 39 to the Financial district where the apartment is. It was a beautiful day and we all got a little unexpected sun. Nice shot of the TransAmerica Bldg:


In case you've never seen it, this is the San Francisco Int'l Airport - aerial view. Not sure how much I liked flying out of the Oakland Airport to circle the Bay and go over SFO. Mom???? Haha - I'm sure they know what they're doing............

I've got to run now. I promised my friend and Dental Hygienist that I would go to my appointment today. I'd rather ski or hike with her. She's going to clean my teeth instead. Maybe I'll fall asleep in the chair. I could use some sleep.


Tschuss!

1 comment:

Makila said...

Wow. Great pictures. Ben and I love Sn Francisco. I can't wait to see more pictures of your house. I am praying for you during this transition.

Love to you.