Saturday, January 10, 2009

We brought them home....

.....Our little Bedouins. Had we been willing, we could have negotiated husbands for them. They (Rachel & Kendra) did say they wanted to live in the Desert all the time. We respectfully declined - amid a lot of laughter from the Bedouin hosts. I won't show the other pic of R on the Net with the mask off and the Kohl rimmed eyes - no makeup for that girl! Too pretty and grown up - I want to keep her young for another couple of years if I can.

I am trying to sort through all the pic's and get laundry done.

What an absolutely unique experience - we were sorry to see it end. It was great to have a full get away. Bart especially needed it and hopefully is fully refreshed as he has to jump back into work with both feet on Monday. We didn't even have email while we were gone. I'm sure we could have paid for it at the hotel(s) but it was nice to be fully disconnected for a while.

I know I said I wouldn't bore you all with Oman when we got back but, too bad, life is back to school and housework and our trip was full of so many different experiences that it is all I will have to share this next week. We feel really fortunate to have had the opportunity to go and hope you will enjoy reading about the experience and enjoying some pictures this next week.

Happy New Year!!!!!

3 comments:

Linds said...

Happy New Year! I can't wait to hear all and see more photos! It must have been absolutely fascinating.

Jason said...

that is so cool, glad you guys had a great time!!

Judy said...

Sounds like an interesting vacation! Can't wait to hear more.

We have a couple more sick people here. Not fun.