Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I have to confess to my love affair

Yes, it's true. I've been involved in a love affair for 3 years now. Yes, Bart knows and is of the mind that, if it keeps me happy, so be it.

My Nespresso machine and I were reunited Monday morning - and I rejoiced. I started my 1st full day back with my normal breakfast of 2 cappucino's. Sometimes I eat actual food but it depends on how much I have going on and if I remember.

I bought my little machine as a gift to myself for making the trek across the Atlantic and moving to a foreign place. I lugged that little machine from downtown Zurich to Wadenswil on the train and bus before our container shipment even arrived. I even made expresso for the moving men who drank it out of our china because 1. I didn't have expresso cups at the time and 2. We didn't know where the coffee mug box was yet.

I never liked coffee I made at home. I liked the idea of the machine with the coffee capsules that made a perfect little expresso shot every time. And it does! Plus George drinks it. Mr. Clooney to those who aren't on a first name basis with him. Which I should be as I've been drinking the coffee he peddle's over here for the last three years.

I can also return back to the US of A now that I know Nespresso machines are available. I'm just hoping Williams Sonoma stays in business or I'll be begging one of you to buy me a US Nespresso machine to hold onto until I can get it! I really don't want to put the one I have on a transformer. They're very unsightly blocks of metal and I'm just thinking I don't want them anymore.

So there you have it - the highlight of my return to Switzerland. And my own bed of course!

We made it home safe and sound Sunday. Our luggage made it safe and sound Monday. (Chicago O'Hare - need I say more)

I have done a mountain of laundry, mowed the lawn, pulled about 1/4 of the weeds that need to be pulled, been bitten by a red ant - OUCH!, have a blackberry thorn in my wrist that is really bugging me while I type and I will extract it as soon as I'm done here, was awake until 4:30am last night and then slept 'til 10 and plan on taking a Simply Sleep in about 10 minutes so we have no repeat of last nights insomnia.

And our internet/phone connections are periodically interupted as the service provider updates their system for this week and next. Usually when I am in the mood to be on the computer.

So - I hope to have pictures to share and more interesting stories soon. Feel free to stop by for a cappucino!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Granddaughter,
I've been looking for your update, picturing how you would all love to be "home"
Thanks for the nice visit.
And now E and J will be there--Have fun.
Love, GMA

Susan May said...

I gotta say, I love the coffee here. I've resisted the urge to buy a big ol' unit, and have stuck with my Bialetta stove-top espresso maker. I'm old school all the way. But sometimes I wish I could have my morning fix immediately!

MOM E said...

Looking forward to reacquainting with your "machine"...not much time for sleep this week...will need caffiene...can't wait to see you. XOXOX MOM