Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Just a few things....

Just thought I'd share a link to an interesting article I read this morning out of the UK (Times) - economic/political subject matter: http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/columnists/article6361136.ece

We have a close friend in a fiscal role in a CA government organization (cryptic enough for you?) and I'm very interested to hear how things are from a local perspective.

OK - enough of that. No platforms today. Just food for thought.

We are on night 3 of the recital/orchestra/concert rounds - 2 more to go. This is the only time of year I really miss fast food options. Frozen pizza tonight. :)

Wear Sunscreen!!! And slather your children in it. Mine like to wear cute hats (in case you hadn't picked up on that via the photo's). I get to do my first C-treatment for a spot on my shoulder - Lovely. Not! The days of lifeguarding and baking myself between classes in college are coming back to haunt me. My public service announcement (PSA) for the day.

My other PSA would be - don't wear flipflops (even "good" ones) for a whole day after a season of "regular" shoes. Work your way into it. My foot is killing me - it gets worse every year. Comes from living in climates that feel like they move from Winter to Summer with not enough time inbetween. Yes, I acknowledge this isn't the first time. My brain loses track of logic when it comes to fashionable footwear. Now I'm stuck with "doesn't hurt to walk" options which do not always "go" with my chosen ensemble. GRRrrrrrrr!

I'm off to mow the lawn! For the 3rd time in my life! I've taken my antihistimines and even bought a little protective mask. At the rate we're going, Bart won't be able to mow the lawn again until June 13 and I just can't take it. So, we'll see if I pitch an allergy fit or not! I hope there's enough gas for the mower......:)

No comments: